top of page



If you were injured as a civilian contractor working outside the United States pursuant to a contract with the U.S. government, you could receive compensation for your injuries through the Defense Base Act.

According to the Department of Labor, the "Defense Base Act" provides disability compensation and medical benefits to employees and death benefits to eligible survivors of employees of U.S. government contractors who perform work overseas.

If any of the following describes your situation, then you have a claim under the Defense Base Act:

  • Work for private employers on U.S. military bases or on any lands used by the U.S. for military purposes outside of the United States, including those in U.S. Territories and possessions

  • Work on public work contracts with any U.S. government agency, including construction and service contracts in connection with national defense or with war activities outside the United States

  • Work on contracts approved and funded by the U.S. under the Foreign Assistance Act

  • Work for American employers providing welfare or similar services outside the United States for the benefit of the Armed Services (e.g. the United Service Organizations)

  • Any injury or death occurring to any such employee during transportation to or from the place of employment, where the employer or the U.S. provides the transportation or the cost thereof.

Our experienced Huntsville DBA lawyers put our deep knowledge of the Defense Base Act as well as our investigative prowess, talent for effective negotiations, and proven litigation skills to work for injured clients. We listen carefully to your personal account of what happened, research your claim, and aggressively advocate for your rights, from start to finish.

bottom of page